This November is packed with big action, big laughs, and big sequels. Kicking off the month is “A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas”. The cast is back kicking it to another dimension…and that’s 3D. Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy lead the comedic cast of “Tower Heist”, which opens the same weekend.
Following week from the producers of 300, the “Immortals” hits theaters starring Henry Cavill (“The Tudors”) and Mickey Rourke. A film that can very well be a big hit. Adam Sandler performs double duty playing both the male and female lead in “Jack and Jill”. This film could be really funny or a flop.
Mid month is the weekend of sequels. The sequel to the Academy Award winning film Happy Feet dances its way to theaters again with “Happy Feet Two”. Part 1 of the final installment of the Twilight series, “Breaking Dawn” hits theaters too.
What’s November without Thanksgiving Day movie releases? This Thanksgiving Academy Award winning director, Martin Scorcese, directs a star filled cast in “Hugo”. The animated film “Arthur Christmas” answers the question: “So how does Santa deliver all those presents in one night?” Voiced by talents including James McAvoy (“Atonement”), Jim Broadbent (“Bridget Jones’s Diary”), Hugh Laurie (“House”), and Bill Nighy.
My spotlight pick of the month is “The Muppets”. Jason Segel (“Forgetting Sarah Marshall”) co-wrote and stars in the new Muppet film as well as Academy Award nominee Amy Adams. Who doesn’t love the Muppets?
Well that’s my November overview, click on the link below to check out the rest of the movies coming out this month and check back next month for more Fall Movie Season picks and if you’ve seen any of the films from this month…leave some feedback/suggestions in the Comments section on what to see.
**NOTE: Theatrical Release Dates are subject to change.**
– Five Star Day (limited)
– The Other F Word (NY; LA release: November 4)
– A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas (3D/2D theaters)
– Charlotte Rampling: The Look (NY)
– Killing Bono (NY; LA release: Nov. 11)
– The Last Rites of Joe May (limited)
– The Son of No One (limited)
– Tower Heist
– Young Goethe in Love (NY, LA)
– J. Edgar (limited; wide: Nov. 11)
– The Conquest (limited)
– Elite Squad: The Enemy Within (NY; LA release: Nov. 18)
– The Greening of Whitney Brown (NY, LA, limited)
– Immortals (3D/2D theaters)
– Into the Abyss (limited)
– Jack and Jill
– London Boulevard (limited)
– Melancholia (limited)
– The Descendants (limited)
– Tomboy (NY)
– Another Happy Day (limited)
– Garbo: The Spy (limited)
– Happy Feet Two (3D/2D theaters and IMAX 3D)
– The Heir Apparent: Largo Winch (limited)
– In Heaven, Underground (NY)
– The Lie (limited)
– Rid of Me (NY)
– The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1
– Tyrannosaur (limited)
– The Legend of Pale Male (limited)
– Khodorkovsky (NY)