Video Source: NBC
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Check out this behind the scenes featurette for NBC’s “Chuck”. Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, and the cast of “Chuck” talk more about the upcoming third season including “super” special guests.
Visit the “Chuck” category section on this blog for more news, clips, and recaps related to the show, or just click here.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
**UPDATE: Watch the “Chuck” Comic-Con Trailer that preceded the panel discussion here.**
Here is the “Chuck” panel discussion that took place at Comic Con. The panel included co-creators of “Chuck” Chris Fedak and Josh Schwartz and almost all of the cast of “Chuck” including Zachary Levi (Chuck Bartowski), Yvonne Strahovski (Sarah Walker), Joshua Gomez (Morgan Grimes), and Adam Baldwin (John Casey).
"Chuck" Season 3 Poster from Comic-Con - Image via Chuckmeout.com
**UPDATE: Chuck Panel Discussion Video from Comic-Con can be viewed here.**
What can we expect from Season 3 of Chuck? The “Chuck” panel recently dropped some hints at Comic-Con, which mildly sastifies some curiosity on what to expect for Season 3. **WARNING: LOOK AWAY IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE SEASON 2 FINALE OF CHUCK!** At the end of the Season 2 finale, Chuck downloads the new intersect to himself and with the “new” upgrades to the intersect – Chuck unleashes some kung-fu skills and kicks some serious butt in order to defeat the bad guys. Zachary Levi (Chuck) hinted that Chuck’s powers are temporary and they come and go with his flashes.
Here is an excerpt from the post from EW.com:
On the “Chuck-Fu”: Levi says Chuck can’t know kung fu all the time, or there’d be nothing for Casey and Sarah to do. So there’s a glitch in the system. When he flashes, he gets the powers, but then they’ll fade. Awesome will start to submerge into the spy world as well, given that he’s the only other dude who knows Chuck’s secret. Schwartz talked about playing with the idea of Casey and Ellie getting together, what with Awesome and Ellie being a little on the rocks. And Sarah’s sister Corinna will be coming back to the show. And Morgan will try once again. And fail once again. Or not.
Why would Casey and Ellie get together? Perhaps it could be more of a camaraderie than a romantic relationship. Co-creator Josh Schwartz also mentioned in the same post that there is a possibility that “Chuck” may be back earlier than expected. I guess we shall see. For now, the website Chuckmeout.com was created in order to help “Chuck” fans survive until the show starts up again. “Chuck” is slated to come back in March 2010 (ugh…so long!).
This episode was fantastic (or I should say Awesome)! If you haven’t seen this episode, you need to see it.
As great as this episode was, I kind of feel like this was a definitive episode…meaning the writers seem to have wrote this episode with closure but yet with a good lead in to the season finale. I have a feeling the season finale is going to be a cliff hanger as the fate of Chuck is still undecided. I was checking TV by the numbers for this episode and the ratings haven’t changed since last week, which does not exactly strengthen Chuck’s chance of renewal. It would be a real shame if the season finale were a cliff hanger and then the network decided to cancel the show, which would be really sad because I believe “Chuck” deserves a proper send-off.
Here is the run down of this episode:
- Chuck and Sarah have gone AWOL in order to save Chuck’s Dad.
- Major Casey is now Colonel Casey.
- Scott Bakula and Chevy Chase are back!
- Mogan becomes Emmett’s Asst. Manager at the Buy More
- Chuck and Sarah make-out.
- Casey finds Chuck and Sarah and locks them in the Castle.
- TRON screening at 12 a.m.
- Devon thinks Casey is stalking Chuck.
- Chuck and Sarah break out of the Castle due to a power outage which was caused by Jeff and Lester.
- Devon snoops in Casey’s apartment and somehow gets caged into Casey’s apartment.
- Casey confronts Devon and they start to rumble and then Chuck and Sarah enter and Sarah puts Casey down.
- Chuck tells Devon he’s a spy and he has to be “Awesome” and not tell Ellie.
- Chuck and Sarah set out to find Chuck’s Dad at the Tron screening.
- Casey catches up with them and joins them in finding Chuck’s Dad.
- The General orders an air strike at the Tron Screening in 20 mins.
- The “New” Intersect is finished and they are testing it on Fulcrum spies headed by Ted Roarke (Chevy Case).
- Chuck’s Dad says to Chuck that he built the “new” intersect in order to remove the intersect intel from his head and it won’t work on anyone else.
- It works on Chuck and Ted realizes that he has been scammed.
- The air strike is underway!
- Chuck, Sarah, Casey, and Chuck’s Dad amscray and Ted Roarke goes underground.
- Morgan quits the Buy More and asks Anna to move to Hawaii with him so that he can become a chef at Benihanas.
- Ellie questions Captain Awesome on the whereabouts of Chuck and is flustered.
- Chuck shows up and tells Ellie that he brought an early wedding gift: their Dad.
- Ellie is happy and their Dad says that he isn’t going anywhere.
- Chuck and Awesome have a bro moment.
- The general deems the Intersect mission is complete and Chuck is free!
- Everyone is heading to Ellie and Devon’s rehearsal dinner and Chuck invites Casey as a friend and Sarah is Chuck’s date.
- Ted Roarke is alive and hitchhikes in order to find Steve Bartowski and family.
Next Monday is the season finale…can’t wait! April 27th is Chuck vs. The Ring! Save Chuck!