A picture is worth a thousand words and no…your eyes do not deceive you. If you seen the promo for “Crossfire”, this is an episode that certainly delivers on what it infers. Lois tries out for a morning show with Clark and Clark agrees as he is trying to get on Lois’s good side so that he can ask her out again. The audition doesn’t go too well but the producer notices something in how Lois and Clark interact while the camera wasn’t rolling and she asks both of them to come back to do the show as a team. While out on the town, Oliver (Justin Hartley) tries to help a young street girl, Mia aka Speedy (guest star Elise Gatien), who he has seen fight and offers to train her. Meanwhile Chloe tries to hack into Tess’s system in order to find the Kandorians.
Lois and Clark’s first morning show assignment was to find themselves online dates so both Lois and Clark fill out online dating profiles. Clark fills out his profile honestly while Lois tries to make her profile “classy”. For example she puts down that she enjoys the theater when Clark corrects her and says that she enjoys “movie” theater. Clark assures her that she doesn’t need to embellish her profile in order to attract a guy because she is great as she is. Lois puts him on the spot and asks him what qualities make her great and Clark stumbles to find the words and simply says that “you’re Lois”! Here are the rest of the episode highlights:
- At the Luthor mansion, Tess is holding some sort of meeting and presents her latest project which is in conjunction with RAO corporation in order to produce a self-sustaining solar powered building in effort of being green. She is interrupted by Zod whom she is surprised to see and he reveals that he is the new chairman of RAO corporation and thus her new financial backer. Later when everyone leaves, Tess asks what is the catch for the financial funding and Zod says that he wants her to tell him who the Blur is. Tess dances around the question and says that she doesn’t know who the identity of the Blur is. Zod doesn’t believe her as when he went to acquire more samples of the blood used to save the city from a deadly zombie virus, all of the samples were destroyed as ordered by Tess.
- Clark’s date was first and while Clark waited for his date he had to wear an earpiece. On the other end of the line was Lois who was monitoring the camera setup and she could also hear Clark’s audio feed as well as communicate with Clark. To Lois’s surprise, Clark’s date was intelligent and pretty and Lois gets a little jealous as Clark’s blind date interview was captured on camera well.
- Lois stops by Oliver’s in order to get some advice [from Oliver] for her upcoming blind date because she wants to do a good rather a better job than Clark. She seeks Oliver’s help because she wants to know her quirks that may have annoyed him when they dated so that she could avoid them on her date. Oliver says that he only remembered the good things about her when they dated. It seems that Oliver and Lois are having a moment, when Mia (Elise Gatien) comes into the room wearing nothing but a towel asking for money. Oliver explains that they were just sparring but Lois doesn’t buy it (as she thinks Mia is a prostitute) and she leaves.
- At the watchtower, Chloe continues to try to hack into Tess’s computer systems but she encounters firewall after firewall which one of Tess’s employees, Stuart, was throwing at her.
- Back at Oliver’s place, Mia is about to leave but Oliver catches her trying to steal his $50,000 watch. Mia apologizes and says that she owes this guy named Rick money and she believes that if she pays him what she owes that she can move on. Oliver volunteers to front her the money but she believes that there is a catch. Oliver assures her that there is no catch because he wants to help her make something out of her life. Oliver then hands Mia his car keys and asks her to drive him someplace.
- Lois is at the Ace of Clubs as she prepares for her date with Clark looking on while communicating over their earpieces. Lois is rather nervous and asks for a drink and Clark jokes that a drink is the last thing she needs. She then asks Clark how she looks and he says that “if this was a prom, you would be prom queen”. Lois smiles and Clark continues and says that “her date is a lucky man”. Lois flirts with Clark and suggest that he sounds jealous and Clark plays it off then she continues and says that “all’s fair in love in war”. Clark then asks which will it be for their relationship – love or war? Lois then asks Clark if that was his way of asking her out again. Clark acts all coy and asks if he were, what would what would she say. Lois is about to answer when her date enters the room and it is Oliver! Lois is confused and asks Oliver if he really was her date, and he said that he paid off her “real” date so that he can talk to her.
- Meanwhile Mia is in an alleyway where she meets Rick and turns over Oliver’s car keys to him in order to pay off her debt. Rick says it isn’t that easy to get off the hook and tells her that he isn’t going to let her go. He then demands Mia to take him to where she dropped Oliver beforehand.
- Lois and Oliver’s date continue and Oliver jests and says that he hijacked the date thinking that it would be good for ratings if her date was with Metropolis’ “Most Eligible Bachelors”. Oliver then gets serious and explains that Mia is a girl that he is helping out and that he still has feelings for her (Lois) and that “she is still in his heart”. Lois has a look of pure panic on her face and asks for the check and drags Oliver to the balcony as Clark asks Lois what’s wrong and Lois apologizes to Clark and takes out her earpiece. Without the cameras rolling, Oliver explains to Lois that he said all that he said on camera so she would know that he was serious and he reiterates that he is still in love with her. Lois tells Oliver that she loves him, but as a dear friend. Oliver then realizes that Lois has feelings for Clark and asks her about it. Lois admits that she has feelings for Clark! Oliver then tells her that he is happy for her but it hurts that he isn’t the one that she wants.
- Oliver heads to the alleyway when he notices that Mia is waiting in the car for him. Lois then catches up to him and tells him that she doesn’t want him wandering in the dark. Oliver laughs and says that he is in a better place and offers to introduce Lois to Mia. Oliver approaches the car and knocks on the window. Mia is still and then looks at him and apologizes when Rick throws a blow to the back of Oliver’s head and points his gun at Lois.
- At the studio, the producer shows the promo cut out poster for Lois and Clark’s show but Clark is a bit saddened because he thinks Lois may want to with Oliver.
- Back to the alleyway, Oliver is thrown into the trunk of his car then Lois starts fighting back but she is quickly subdued and Rick points a gun at her. Rick’s henchmen hold her back and her earpiece drops and it turns on in the process. Rick is about to shoot Lois when Mia kicks the gun out of his hand and she picks it up and points it at Rick. Rick teases her and says that she doesn’t have the guts to shoot her and takes his gun back. He then points the gun back at Lois and just as he is about to shoot, Oliver punches Rick and he helps Lois escape.
- At the studio, Clark hears all of the commotion over Lois’s earpiece and he quickly speeds off. Lois and Oliver escape to a nearby building but Rick catches up to them. He points the gun at them as Oliver covers Lois’s face and Rick starts to fire but before the shots reach Oliver, Clark (in Blur attire) steps in front of the bullets and uses his heat vision on Rick’s gun and knocks him out but before the gun breaks he manages to fire one last shot but Clark is able to catch the bullet within a few millimeters from Oliver’s face. Oliver then looks at Clark and he speeds away before Lois sees him. Lois looks up and breaths a sigh of relief and she hugs Oliver as Clark looks on from a nearby building.
- Meanwhile at the Luthor mansion, Tess is looking at her building plans and she gets upset and vows that Zod will respect her. All of a sudden one of her security guards enters and she asks him to leave but it turns out that he is one of Zod’s men. He then delivers a message to Tess from Zod stating that she either tells him the identity of the Blur or she’ll die.
- Later Chloe talks to Clark about her hacking dilemma and on her 100th firewall breach, Stuart leaves a video message stating that no one will be able to get past him and holds up his hand to the monitor. From the video, Chloe is able to pull up his identity through his hand’s fingerprints and she tells Clark that they should recruit him to be on their side. Clark asks Chloe what would be Stuart’s incentive to leave Tess’s operations and Chloe says she thinks she’ll be able to pull up info on Stuart that would coerce him to change sides. Afterward, Clark talks to Chloe about the whole Oliver and Lois situation and he says that he thinks he should back away. Chloe tells Clark that he should just stop second guessing everything and he should go after what he wants.
- Zod is drinking coffee at a cafe and closes his eyes briefly. When he opens his eyes he finds an envelope in front of him. He opens the envelope and finds dog tags with blood on them (from the soldier that was threatening Tess). He looks around and then he sees Tess standing across the street drinking coffee as she raises her cup to him and then disappears.
- Chloe arranges a meeting between her and Stuart and presents him an envelope with a lot of information on him and he agrees to join their side.
- Oliver cruises around in his car when he finds Mia on a street corner he gestures her to come into his car and she accepts as well as the job he has offered her.
- Back at the Planet, Lois is a little upset as Clark approaches her. She tells him that the producers of the morning show have decided to go with Clark’s blind date as the solo host of their morning show. She continues as Clark tries to get her attention but she keeps on talking. Finally Clark decides to pull Lois close and he kisses her.
Next week’s episode is “Kandor”. Click here to watch the episode promo and read a description of the episode.
Visit the “Smallville” category section on my blog for more news, clips, and recaps related to the show, or just click here.